This article will explain how to setup the XBMC Remote App for the Iphone or Android Phones and Tablets.
The Iphone XBMC remote or Android XBMC Remote provides a way to control XBMC from a phone or tablet. Both the Iphone XBMC Remote app and the Android XBMC Remote app work the same and are setup relatively the same way. There are a few big advantages to using these apps compared, especially, to their IR counterparts.
• Connected over network so you don’t have to deal with pesky IR Problems
• The app includes the use of the keyboard making it much easier to enter in captchas or searches
• There are more shortcut buttons than most remotes.
Requirements for XBMC Iphone Remote or XBMC Android Remote
• XBMC Device must be connected to same network as the IOS or Android device you intend to use as a remote.
• The XBMC Webserver service must be enabled on the XBMC device
• Both devices must have a fairly good connection to the network
XBMC Remote Setup or IOS or Android
• Go to the app store or play store and download the free official XBMC Remote App
• Once installed, you will need to add the device to the app as it supports using multiple XBMC devices
• Click Add Host
• Click Find XBMC, It will either fill in the correct information or ask you which box you would like to add
• Once finished click save
• Click on the device you just added.
• You can use the remote control or under settings you can choose the keyboard to type stuff in.
Additional notes to setup xbmc remote
• Some older apps on android have different variations of the app. All are based on the same ideas though, and should be setup relatively the same way.